Transport from the Airport
There are three options to transfer from the airport to the hotels and conference venue:
- Aerobus line: shuttle bus service that connects the airport with Barcelona downtown in about 30 min (with a frequency of 5-15 min, depending on the hour, and a fare around 6 Euro). Stops are conveniently located at the T1 and T2 terminals of the airport. You should get off at one of the last two stops (Plaça Universitat or Plaça Catalunya), where you can take the metro (L1, L2 at Plaça Universitat; L1, L3 at Plaça Catalunya).
- Train: There is a train station located at Terminal T2, with trains departing every 30 minutes. The trip duration to the city center is around 30 minutes. Free shuttles connect Terminals T1 and T2. If you land at T2 this is the most convenient way to reach Barcelona downtown. Get off at Barcelona Sants (connecting with metro L3, L5), Barcelona – Passeig de Gràcia (connecting with metro L2, L3, and L5) or Barcelona El Clot – Aragó (connecting with metro L1, L2).
- Taxi: A taxi ride from the airport to the city centre is around 35 Euro. See info on Barcelona’s taxi service below.
The Barcelona Metropolitan Transport agency (TMB) issues one trip (T-1) and 10 trip (T-10) tickets, which you can buy in the automatic machines located in all metro stations. Tickets are valid on all the means of transport enclosed in the TMB network (bus, metro, railway, etc), but NOT for the Aerobus line to the airport. The system is divided in Zones. To move around downtown (including the airport), you need a ticket valid for one Zone.
Metro / Tram
Barcelona has seven metro lines which cover distance of 93.3 kilometres and serve 130 stations. The city also has a tram complementing the metro network. It is possible to buy metro tickets at the entrance of every metro/tram station. There exist a convenient integrated 10-journey ticket called T10 ticket. This ticket can be used for the Metro, urban bus, tram system and even the local rail system.
Metro runs weekdays from Monday to Thursday from 5am to midnight. This is also the time for Sundays and public holidays. Weekend nights the Metro service offers a longer schedule, running Fridays 5am-2am and Saturdays 5am-5am.
The venue is located close to Ciutadella park and the closest metro/tram station is “CIUTADELLA – VILA OLÍMPICA” (metro yellow line (L4) and tram line T4).
The Barcelona Metropolitan Transport agency (TMB) operates a fleet of over 1000 buses. All of them are adapted for people with reduced mobility. Running times vary from route to route. Some services begin at 4.25am and end at 11pm. Information about the different bus routes and frequency is posted at the bus stops. There are a number of night bus services that run throughout the night.
For information about the taxi service in Barcelona, fares, etc., please check the Institut Metropolità del Taxi de Barcelona website, www.taxibarcelona.cat
Roger de Llúria Building | UPF Ciutadella Campus
C/ Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27
- Hotel Pullman Skyper (5 stars, 650m)
- Hotel H10 Marina (4 stars, 500m)
- Hotel SB Icaria (4 stars, 1000 m)
- Hotel Pere IV (4 stars, 1100 m)
- Residencia RESA – Campus del Mar (student residence hall, 550 m)
- Residencia RESA – La Ciudatdella (student residence hall, 850 m)
- Melon District Marina(student residence hall, 1000 m)