There is a limited amount of funding available to support student participating in ISIT 2016. You may apply for student travel support if you are a student, and you are both the primary author and presenter of an accepted ISIT paper (see the conditions below for details). Applications are being accepted via Google Forms, and should include a brief statement detailing your need for the support. Your supervisor will be emailed automatically in order to confirm his/her support for your application.
Applications for student travel grants are now closed. Notifications of decisions were sent out on May 25.
- Travel support is intended for students who do not have sufficient funding to come to ISIT otherwise.
- Applicants should be both the primary author and the presenter for at least one accepted ISIT paper. The primary author need not be listed first, but all co-authors of the paper should be in agreement that you are the primary author. We will ask your supervisor to confirm that this is the case.
- All student travel award recipients are required to register and attend ISIT 2016. The support will be given as partial reimbursement of registration and travel expenditures.
- Reimbursement will be based on the actual incurred expenses. The actual maximal level of reimbursement is yet to be determined. However, we expect an amount similar to that as in previous ISITs.
- For reimbursement purposes, award recipients are required to submit copies of expense receipts by July 31. Instructions on how to submit these will be given closer to this date. If the actual expense is less than the size of the award specified in the award letter, you will only be reimbursed the actual incurred expenses.
- Depending on the funding sources, priority may be given to students studying in the US. However, applications are also open to students studying in other countries.
- If you cannot accept the award, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing Jonathan Scarlett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Due to the requirement from sponsors funding the travel support scheme, please be aware of the following condition:
For students from US universities, we cannot reimburse flights to and from Spain on a non-US carrier. Expenses (e.g., registration, accommodation etc) and airfare cost on a US carrier can be reimbursed (up to the maximum award amount stated in the award letter).
Please contact Jonathan Scarlett (email@example.com) if you have any further questions.